Barden has been engaged by a well-known financial services business to help identify a Managing Director of their Depositary team in Ireland. This is a new venture in a growing firm and the potential for someone to progress their career.
‘Our success is built on our desire to grow together and provide a 1st class service to our clients. You will work in small teams of professionals dedicated to providing this high quality service. This is why this person will be such a critical part of our success in the future’ – Head of Operations
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will be in charge of setting up and developing Depositary Services in Ireland, collaborating with international colleagues and ensuring best practices.
- You will be in charge of performing operational analysis of complex investments structures and ultimately coordinate and validate all work delivered by the team ensuring operational work is performed in accordance with internal procedures.
- You will be working closely with our teams in Luxemburg and the UK – providing a supporting function to these markets as well as the focus of the Irish market.
- As the central point of contact for your clients, capable of identifying and anticipating possible problem areas, you will be able to accurately measure potential risks, and, therefore you will be able to offer suitable solutions to the client and satisfy their overall needs.
- There will be a commercial aspect to this role helping with business development and onboarding of new clients
- You will manage the relationships with other service providers in the industry, including auditors, law firms, banks, and fund administrators.
- You will be in charge of ensuring overall compliance of depositary function with national law and alignment with group decision and global operating model.
- Evaluate regulatory developments, assess potential impacts on the Firm operations and work with relevant departments to ensure effective implementation of controls and workflows.
- You will be in charge of some internal projects.
ABOUT THE PERSON
- Circa 15 years’ experience within depositary services, related to alternative investment funds
- Good knowledge of AIFMD and experience as a Pre-Approved Controlled Funcation (PCF)
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- You adopt a flexible and hands-on approach
In Barden FS we’re the experts in Financial Services recruitment; the people financial services professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.