Barden are delighted to be working with a growing financial services team in Cork who are looking for an Account Manager to join their Hedge Fund Accounting team. In this position you are responsible for overseeing a team of Fund Accountants and maintaining the relationships with clients. You will work closely with managers in connection with the performance of duties related to the administration of funds within your team.
‘The right candidate will have extensive experience and proven knowledge within audit or administration of hedge funds. Being a team lead and maintaining client relationships is an important part of this role.’Head of Operations
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You will be responsible for the detailed review of the reconciliation and calculation of periodic (daily/weekly/monthly) net asset values of various funds. This includes reconciliation of investment portfolios, corporate actions and investor capital activity.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all client relationship management systems are updated correctly and for preparing financial statements.
- You will be responsible for the oversight of fund accountants and their assigned relationships, ensuring timely and accurate NAV calculation along with any other client specific reporting requirements.
- Liaising with Investment Managers, Broker’s, Custodians and Investors on a daily basis
- Ensuring client enquiries are answered in accordance with Apex service standards on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the fund’s specifications
- Ensuring compliance with all internal deadlines for reporting and MIS
- Ensuring accurate internal revenue reporting
- Supervision and training and recruitment of accounting staff
- Ensure accurate delegation of work across your team and effective communication
ABOUT THE PERSON:
- Approximately 4-5 years fund accounting experience including supervision/management of teams
- University degree – accounting, finance, business or economics
- Experience with general ledger accounting
- Familiarity with the Paxus accounting system is a major plus
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- An ability to think critically and objectively
- The flexibility and willingness to work additional hours as needed
In Barden FS we’re the experts in Financial Services recruitment; the people financial services professionals speak with before they start looking for a job. Make sure you get expert advice from Barden first – your future is just too important to leave to chance.